In this post I want to talk about this fabulous at home facial I just did. My skin looks translucent. No really. I’m not kidding and I’m not trying to sell you anything or force you to buy anything. I’m just sayin’ that my skin looks awesome, fantastic, beautiful, etc, etc, etc. You might be thinking, but skin has nothing to do with style. WRONG! Skin care is super important. I mean, it’s the first thing people see, right? You want it to look its best.
I’m always looking for that perfect product that will make my skin look super radiant, special, less oily, and pore free! My friend Kate and I complain endlessly about our large pores and oily skin. But, I’m also concerned about wrinkles and other such things. It’s a fact that all of us are getting older (although SOME of us are older than others, no names mentioned here…). If you have a perfect combination that already works for you, then that’s great! I’m happy for you. But, this one worked for me and I want to share it with you!
This is a mixture of different products. I’ve tried using all the same line before, but I think like anything else in life, no one has it all. One makeup/product/beauty line cannot possibly be the absolute very best at everything. So, I mixed it up big time. Here it goes, in order:
1) First, I washed my face with Philosophy Purity Gel Cleanser. I’ve been a big fan of Philosophy for years. This gel cleanser is fantastic. I was having some problems with breakouts about six months ago and I decided to go back to the Purity cleanser. The gel is fairly new and I love it. It also has an eye makeup remover built in. I still use another eye makeup remover because my eyes are super sensitive and I don’t like risking getting anything gel like in my eyes. It’s good for oily skin, but I think it’s good for all skin types, really.
2) Next, I used BeautiControl Spa Warming Trend Green Tree Masque. This masque is great. Once you put it on your face, it starts warming immediately. You rub it on your face for about two minutes and then rinse off. You see results right away. Your skin will look softer.
3) Then, I used Mary Kay TimeWise Microdermabrasion Set. You scrub gently on your entire face for about two minutes, then rinse. This makes your lines and bad stuff disappear as fast as you can see it! This set comes with a Step 1. Microdermabrasion Refine (which is what I just used here) and a step 2. Replenish (don’t use this yet, I’ll tell you when).
4) Then, I used my go to fail safe leave on masque that I use several times a week because the results are a-maz-ing. You will take the masque off and want to use even more because it’s this good. And the best thing? It’s SO cheap. And easy to find. What is this miracle product? Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. I buy it at Walgreens. I think it costs less than $4. People, go buy this. One word of caution, use an old washcloth each time you wash this off. Apply it liberally to your face and neck and wash off after about 15 minutes.
5) Take a cotton ball and use this toner on your face: Organix: Ever Clear: Tea Tree Oil Control Toner. This is available at most drugstores. Some of you might skip this step or add your own toner to the mix. I’ve used this for a while and I really like it.
6) Apply step 2 from the Mary Kay microdermabrasion set, Replenish. Next, follow up with your favorite moisturizer, eye cream, etc.
This entire facial made my 11’s disappear. What? You don’t know about 11’s?!? Those are the two lines that appear between your eyebrows. Some of us are predisposed to these lines, others get them from frowning or squinting too much. Not only that, it just made my skin look great overall.
One more plug for Philosophy. We know that we need to wear sunscreen on our face and neck (and other parts, but I’m bad about that unless I’m laying out) every day we are exposed to the sun. In the morning before my makeup, I always, always, always apply Philosophy The Supernatural SPF 15 and primer to my face and neck. This is a great primer for your skin, making pores and other flaws disappear. And it has SPF so that’s good. I really couldn’t live without this product. It’s slightly tinted but it blends well. Try it and let me know what you think!
That’s it for today. Do you have any special beauty treatments you swear by? I’d love to hear about it! And possibly in the future I’ll share more of mine!